A HUGE THANKS to everyone who donated after listening to the first episode. This gave me the chance to create the second episode, which I hope you enjoy!
If you enjoyed this episode please donate!
Mona Lisa Quiz
- Who painted the Mona Lisa? Leonardo da Vinci
- What country did the painter live in? Italy
- What forms of art did Leonardo da Vinci like to work with? Painting, inventing and designing new technologies
- What are some modern inventions that people think Leonardo da Vinci originally designed? Parachute, helicopter, tank
- How many years did it take to paint the Mona Lisa? Four
- The king of which country purchased the Mona Lisa in 1508? France
- Which leader hung the Mona Lisa in his bedroom? Napoleon Bonaparte
- Which famous art museum in Paris houses the Mona Lisa now? The Louvre
- Who owns the Mona Lisa? The Government of France
- Who stole the Mona Lisa and hid it in his apartment for two years? A worker at the Louvre, Vincenzo Peruggia, who wanted to take it back to Italy
Mona Lisa Activities
- Find a picture of the Mona Lisa on the internet. Who do you think the painting is of? A rich Italian woman? Leonardo da Vinci dressed as a woman?
- Draw or paint a copy of the Mona Lisa. Imagine you are Leonardo da Vinci, or one of the many people who made copies of the painting.
- Leonardo da Vinci loved to sketch pictures of different inventions that he came up with. Try this yourself with a pencil and paper. What are some machines or inventions that you think people in the future could use?
- While you are drawing, search and listen to some classical Italian music. This may have been the type of music that the artist liked to listen to in his day.
- Some popular Italian foods include tomatoes, lemons, olives and olive oil. Search up a classic Italian recipe that kids can cook and make an Italian dinner for your family like Leonardo da Vinci might have eaten. (link: https://www.kidspot.com.au/kitchen/recipes/collections/italian-recipes). Don’t forget to have an adult help you!